Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
Quick Hook® for Side Mount Rails
Standard and Low Height Hooks
Item codes: QMHSS & QMHLS
Quick Hook, featuring QHook technology, is engineered to Quick Mount PV’s industry-leading standards. Quick Hook is fast and simple to install. Two height options allow for use with a variety of flat and curved tiles. Includes preformed flashing for code compliance. Mounting PV on tile has never been easier, stronger, and more waterproof.
Order a free sample of the Quick Hook, which comes with both height hooks, to determine the right hook height for your job.
- 2 height options for use with a variety of flat and curved tiles
- Designed for use with side-mounted rails
- Eliminates tile hole cutting for a fast, simple installation
- Includes preformed sub flashing for code compliance
- Better aesthetics with no visible flashing
- Sliding hook makes it easy to hit the rafter and match hook to the valley of the tile
- 100% IBC compliant
- Meets or exceeds all roofing industry best practices
- Works with most leading racks
- Available through leading distributors
- Made in the USA
- 20-year warranty
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
Installing the Quick Hook
Quick Tips: Cutting Tile for Solar Mounting Systems
Waterproofing Technology for Tile Roofs
Tile Roof Waterproofing Methods
All Quick Mount PV tile mounting products are designed to comply with the roofing best practices listed by the Tile Roofing Institute (TRI) for tile penetration flashing (MC-02). The photos below show our QBase Universal Tile Mount. The same waterproofing methods are recommended for all of our tile mounting products. For more info go to www.tileroofing.org or contact .
If permitted by the building inspector, the three-course method may be an option for waterproofing the deck flashing. This process uses a layer of asphalt roof cement (approved by the roof manufacturer), a layer of reinforcing fabric, and another layer of asphalt roof cement to seal the flashing to the felt paper. Click here to download step-by-step instructions to use the three-course method with our tile roof products. (PDF 617K)
Felt Paper Bibbing Method
In retrofit installations where the standoff and primary flashing do not fall in a position that is close to the overlap of felt paper, an approach that is sometimes called "bibbing" can be used. When the overlapping drip edge of the felt paper ends in the tile course above the penetration, a separate piece of felt paper is positioned under the battens and overlapping felt, which then extends down to bib around the penetration and over the deck flashing.
Each mount kit (12 per box) includes:
- 4½" x 6" wide all aluminum base plate
- Two 18-8 stainless steel 5⁄16" x 3½" hex head lag screws
- One #12 x 5⁄8", 18-8 stainless steel self-tapping screw
- One 9" x 14" all aluminum subflashing
- One Quick Hook standard or low height aluminum tile hook
|Flashing size||9" x 14"|
|Pullout/compression/shear|| Average Ultimate Load Capacities [lbf] in Douglas Fir
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||The Quick Hook is designed for use with a variety of flat and S-shaped curved tiles.|