Solar Mounting Solutions
- Aluminum mill (A)
- Clear anodized (C)
- Bronze anodized (B)
Classic Composition Mount
Item Code: QMSC
The Classic Comp, the industry's best-selling solar panel mount for rooftop solar installations of PV and solar water heating systems, uses our patented QBlock Elevated Water Seal technology to ensure a long, watertight life on composition/asphalt shingle roofs. The Classic Comp was also designed to install fast, with just a single bolt. It is backed by solid engineering and certified for strength and waterproofing by the ICC-ES (ICC-ESR-2835). The Classic Composition Mount is the most universally code-compliant mount available for composition/asphalt shingle roofs.
- Stainless steel hardware (included)
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Works with all leading racks
- Won't void roof manufacturer's warranty
- Approved for use by leading roof manufacturers
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- 2554 lbs. average pullout (Douglas fir); 2203 lbs. average shear
- Available through leading distributors
- ICC-ES certified
- One bolt installation
- No shingle cutting
- 100% IBC compliant
- Patent numbers 7,762,027 & 7,895,808
- Made in USA
The 12 x 12-inch Classic Composition Mount flashing is designed to fit within a standard 5 to 5.625" course and the exposed course should be no greater than 5.75". If the exposure is greater than this, use the Classic Shake Mount as an alternative. There's no shingle cutting and no shingle distortion caused by trying to force a fit.
PV, Solar Water Heating, and More
The Quick Mount PV Classic Composition Mount is the logical choice not only for solar PV installation, but also for rooftop solar water heating systems. In fact, whatever you need to fasten to a composition/asphalt shingle roof – HVAC equipment, antennas, satellite dishes – use Quick Mount PV to secure and protect every rooftop equipment installation.
WARNING: Quick Mount PV products are NOT designed for and should NOT be used to anchor fall protection equipment.
The QBlock Elevated Water Seal
Real-time installation of the Classic Comp in just 60 seconds:
Full demonstration of product and installation:
Each mount kit (12 per box) includes:
- Cast aluminum mounting block (2-1/4" L x 1-1/4" W x 1-1/4" H) bonded with .05" thick, 12" x 12" aluminum flashing
- Hanger bolt, 5/16" x 6" (1-1/4" machine, 1-3/4" shank, 3" lag)
- Stainless steel and EPDM rubber sealing washer, 3/4" x 5/16"
- Two 5/16" hex nuts
- EPDM sealing washer with 60 Durometer hardness
- Stainless steel flat washer, 1" x 5/16"
|Flashing size||12" x 12"|
|Pullout/shear||2554 lbs. average pullout (Douglas fir); 2203 lbs. average shear|
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||Standard and high-definition composition/asphalt and wood shingle roofs with 5" to 5-5/8" courses|